uSky Test & Certification Center
uSky Test & Certification Center is located in Sharjah (UAE). It showcases uST Transport & Infrastructure Complexes.
The rolling stock already tested in the Belarusian EcoTechnoPark is showcased on a flexible type of string rail overpass. In addition, uSky functions as a base for R&D activities in the natural and climatic conditions of the tropics, which will enable the future development of the string rail network in the area and around the globe.
The uSky Center is part of the SRTIP Research Technology Park, affiliated with the American University of Sharjah. It is expected to provide transport communication for local campuses and to serve as a showroom in the Middle East.
The R&D center has a transport and infrastructure complex with the flexible 400-m track structure, anchoring structures, stations, control room, repair shop and other auxiliary premises. Different models of string transport are demonstrated, which are passenger four-seat uCar and cargo uCont for transportation of 20-ft shipping containers.
In August 2021, the uSky Center held certification activities on the safety requirements of the transport and infrastructure complex.
An independent international company TUV SW confirmed the safety of the tropical complex developed by Unitsky String Technologies Inc. The certificate of conformity covers all major elements of uST complex:
- string rail overpass (including track structure, anchor and backup supports)
- steel-wheeled electric cars with automated control system (uPods)
- passenger and service station (including repair shop)
- control room
The advantages of the transport and infrastructure complexes demonstrated at the uSky Test & Certification Center have already been recognized by a number of high-ranking guests interested in deploying uST in their regions. King Letsie III of Lesotho, Brazil’s first astronaut Marcos Pontes, Colombia’s Transportation Minister Angela Maria Orozco Gomez, Rwandan Ambassador to the UAE Emmanuel Hategeka, owner of a major construction company in the UAE Mawarid Group Mohamed A. Al Eid, Brazilian Ambassador to the UAE Fernando Luiz Lemos Igreja, as well as hundreds of other distinguished guests from more than 30 countries: businessmen, diplomats, government officials and representatives of the transportation industry.
Implemented Transport & Infrastructure Complexes
Flexible string rail overpass
- It has the simplest and most functional design, which makes its construction one of the most affordable and fastest options for solving the transport logistics problems. It can be built in a short time, including in areas with hostile terrain.
Transport & Infrastructure Complexes under construction
Semi-flexible heavy-duty string rail overpass
- It allows traveling of heavy uPods weighing more than 30 tons. It has extensive supportless spans – more than 250 meters long, which makes it possible to overcome water obstacles, mountain gorges, and build roads over transport, industrial, residential and energy infrastructure facilities.
Rigid heavy-duty string rail overpass
- The complex is designed for heavy uPods (weighing more than 50 tons), including for the transportation of 40-ft shipping containers. Absence of large deflections during the travel of rolling stock makes it possible for heavy unibody vehicles to develop high speeds – up to 150 km/h.
Infrastructure facilities in the Center
- The EcoHouse built within the Center serves not only to display uST technology, but also vividly demonstrates an eco-friendly approach to the construction of transportation and infrastructure that combines green technology and ergonomic architecture. It is the only wooden house of this type in the UAE.
- Its construction required permits at the highest level. At the same time, the successful implementation of the project proved the possibility of a fundamentally new organization of living space which is more comfortable for people in the tropical conditions of the desert.
- The house is designed as a natural ecosystem – sewage, including the kitchen and toilet, flows also into the root system of plants. Under the ground with the help of specially selected natural communities of microflora and microfauna, all organic waste is processed into fertile humus and technical water that is enriched with liquid humus.